Sunday, November 4, 2018

Where did OCTOBER go???

Today I got around to flipping the calendar page over to November and was perplexed that October had slipped away.  It went by so quickly and yet so much happened.

 I had knee surgery to fix the tears in my knee the first week of October.  I didn't fall, didn't do anything that I can remember other than put my shoe on and bam out went the knee.  It hurt like, well, I don't say those words, but it was bad.  So after MRI's, x-rays and the back and forth medical merry go round, I finally had my surgery to repair the rips.  So glad I didn't need a replacement, I lucked out.  I have a long way to go yet before its healed but I'm getting there and doing small things along the way.   I had my surgery at South Bend Orthopedics and I would highly recommend them to anyone! I've had 7 previous operations, and they treated me like I was their only patient!  Great staff of nurses and doctors.
I rested and behaved a week (I thought that was long enough) and weened myself off the walker.  Was walking pretty good and even ditched the cane .  Since I was doing so well, I decided I'd be able to teach my recycled tin can jewelry class at Buchanan Art Center.  Had a great time but realized I had a long way to go yet.   Patience has never been one of my better virtues but an ice pack has become one of my best friends lately, that and the recliner and a good hot cup of tea!








The second week of the month rolled around and it was time for the family Pier Jerk!  The weather was nice, cool, but sunny. We went on one last pontoon ride and one trip on the jet ski's and then the hard work began.  Out came the boat lifts, the pier, kayaks and boats. The kids and grandkids did a great job helping Ken with all of the work.  Couldn't of done it without all their help. 






Ken took me over to Corey Lake Orchards the following weekend and we bought a bushel of apples and got cider and yummy donuts from their bakery.  Then home to make lots and lots of applesauce for the winter.  We have gone to this orchard since the kids were little and each year they expand and add new things.  I love how it has evolved over the years! 


So fresh apples means, homemade apple pie.  Of coarse, remember my knee is still wrapped up and I need to get the rolling pin which is in the high up cabinets I can't reach.  Couldn't climb up on chair like I usually do and had to come up with another solution. So, what's a girl to do, but improvise!  I thought a wine bottle made a perfect rolling pin to make my pie crust and by golly it worked really well!  Oh, and the pie was good too!


Then it was time for a hair cut! Couldn't take the long hair anymore.  My dear friend Sue, came to the rescue and came over and gave me a new hair do and brought me some banana bread too!  Gotta love  that kind of special friend.  

Spent the last week of the month cutting glass, and more glass for the Kris Kringle Craft show in November.  Had both kilns going and the wet saw humming.  I made 51 new pendants total and even introduced a new "reflections" tree to my work .  
Have some ideas for new designs for next year and can't wait to work on them and see if  whats in my mind works when I put it into practice.  We will see.   
All in all, I think 
OCTOBER
was 
GREAT!!!!!!