Thursday, February 27, 2020

I HAVE THE DAY OFF!

 
Yup, you read that right, I have the day off!  
My boss gave me the day off and said, stay home the roads are awful!

We have about 5" of snow, not much for us Michiganders but the roads are pretty slick in lots of places and most of the schools are closed, so it's better to be safe than sorry trying to get in to work.

WHOA what!!!! I know your all saying right now, what work?  I thought you worked from home making jewelry. I did, but a turn of events have changed my path, for the time being, and I am a 9-5 girl these days and working 5 days a week.  

Yup, who woulda thought that!
My daughter asked me at Christmas time  if I might be interested in working for her, I said "sure"!  I thought she was joking but a couple weeks later she said, when do you think you can start work.  Oh geesh, she was really serious and needed help big time. 

By the second week of January I was working 20 hrs a week but my part time jig quickly changed to 40 hrs when positions hadn't been filled.  This old gall is used to working on "artist time", which is anytime I darn well feel like it and I can do that in my jammies or sweats or whatever I like.  Not anymore!!!
 
I know you're all curious what my new job is, and I will say it's certainly not what any of you would expect. I'm doing office work and entering data in that dreaded Excel program that use to give me the shakes and night sweats, along with creating sales orders and purchase orders too. 
                                                       Surprise, surprise!!! 

There is really nothing creative at all about what I'm doing, such a switch for someone who's brain is wired to create! 
However, I'm actually enjoying it and while I haven't been in my studio since last October, I do plan to get back to creating again.  

Lots of new changes are coming for Magdalena Moon Jewelry Designs in 2020.  

I'm not throwing in the towel, but I am making some big changes!